There are no items in your shopping cart.
Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad Omni
SHARC-based DSP Processing Platform w/34 Plug-Ins Daily Rate: $150
The UAD-2 QUAD Omni Pak combines Universal Audio's revolutionary new DSP acceleration hardware with all the available UA Powered Plug-Ins-up to and including those in UAD Software version 5.1-a total of 34 world class plug-ins! UA's Powered Plug-In library brings the most sonically revered studio processors from the past 50 years of audio to your DAW, including vintage equalizers and compressors, superior precision mastering tools, special processing, lush reverbs, and the most accurate, officially licensed hardware emulations from Neve, Roland, Boss, SPL, Moog, and more.
The UAD-2 DUO Omni Pak combines Universal Audio's revolutionary new DSP acceleration hardware with all the available UA Powered Plug-Ins-up to and including those in UAD Software version 5.1-a total of 34 world class plug-ins! UA's Powered Plug-In library brings the most sonically revered studio processors from the past 50 years of audio to your DAW, including vintage equalizers and compressors, superior precision mastering tools, special processing, lush reverbs, and the most accurate, officially licensed hardware emulations from Neve, Roland, Boss, SPL, Moog, and more.
At the heart of the UAD-2 QUAD are 4 cutting-edge SHARC® 21369 floating-point processors which allows for larger and more sophisticated processing algorithms, and a level of power and complexity not found with host-based plug-ins. By reducing the burden on your computer's CPU, your host application can now deliver more tracks, automation, virtual instruments and native effects.
All UAD-2's feature the completely re-designed v5 software with a myriad of new performance and convenience enhancing features like LODE (Live Optimizing DSP Engine) which intelligently balances resources for maximum plug-in count, LiveTrack( low-latency mode) making it possible to monitor instruments through Powered Plug-Ins, and improved RTAS/Protool LE support including automated-delay compensation via Mellowmuse's ATA (a $49 value, free for all UAD-2 users). The all-new unified Meter & Control Panel for UAD-1 and UAD-2 improves and streamlines Status Monitoring, Plug Purchasing, Help & Support and Software Updates. Also new for UAD-2 is the UA website which has been completely redesigned with integrated A/V Demo's, tutorials, in-depth webzine articles, FAQ's and enhanced support so you can really get the most out of your UAD-2.
- High-bandwidth x1 PCI Express (PCIe) card (can be used in x1/x4/x8 and x16 slots, PCIe 2.0 compatible)
- UAD-2 SOLO Low-Profile, Half-Height, Short PCIe card designed to fit modern small form factor systems
- UAD-2 DUO/Quad Full-Height, Short PCIe card for easy installation even in compact PC cases
- 1, 2 or 4 Analog Devices SHARC 21369 floating-point processors
2.5X(Solo), 5X(DUO), 10X(Quad) the power of UAD-1*
- *UAD-2 individual plug-in instances per DSP chip will vary based on the plug-in combination selected with the average session being around 2.5x
- Premier library of the world's most accurate analog emulations authenticated by Neve®, Roland®, Moog®, SPL®, Harrison®, Little Labs® and more...
- Multi-card support for up to 8 cards - mix and match up to 4 UAD-2's and 4 UAD-1/1e/Xpanders in one system/group
- Cross-Platform for Mac OS X Tiger(10.4), Leopard(10.5) and Windows XP/x64, Vista32/64
- VST, AU, RTAS support
- Auto-Delay Compensation for Pro Tools LE via Mellowmuse® ATA
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz sample rate support
- Cutting edge drivers - optimized for modern multi-thread and multi-processor architectures
- Real-time and faster than real-time processing for mix bounces (unlike some other DSP solutions)
- High-speed memory bus for running reverb/delay type effects (unlike some other DSP solutions)
LiveTrackTM (Low-Latency Mode) allows UAD-2 plug-ins to behave just like host plug-ins with no additional latency added* - now you can use UAD-2 plug-ins for monitoring, tracking and instrument processing
- Only works on select hosts. See the compatibility page for more details.
SessionMapTM bi-directional UAD-1<>UAD-2 session compatibility* (via ID sharing) and in session multi-card DSP management - use your UAD-1 alongside your UAD-2, or work with other collaborators using UAD
- *Session recall is limited to availability of plug-in authorizations and available hardware
- *Nigel has been discontinued for UAD-2
- L.O.D.E.TM (Live Optimizing DSP Engine) the UAD-2's DSP engine automatically balances resources to maximize your plug-in instantiations
- LoadLockTM reserves maximum DSP for guaranteed Plug-In loading
Redesigned Plug-In Toolbar and Meter & Control Panel application featuring...
- UAD-2/UAD-1 resource metering
- Improved preset management, with easy cut/copy/paste between SE and full versions
- Demo management, and plug-in purchase direct from the plug-in toolbar
- Simplified Registration/Authorization process - no more copying of card ID's or serials
- Help and support tab to get you up and running and to keep you going
- Featuring UAiTM UA's unique modeling technology that captures the real magic of analog
- 14-day full function Demo for all plug-ins so you can try before you buy
- Powered Plug-InsTM available 24/7 @ uaudio.com
- Easy and free plug-in license transfer for existing UAD-1/1e/Xpander users
- Designed and Made in U.S.A.
Minimum System Requirements:
•Microsoft Windows XP (Home, Professional, or x64 Edition), Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista (x86 or x64)
- Mac OS X 10.4.x "Tiger" or 10.5.x "Leopard"
•Processor upgrade cards are not officially supported
- 1 available PCIe (PCI Express) x1/x4/x8 or x16 slot
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB is strongly recommended)
- 1024 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- CD-ROM drive or internet connection for software installation
- 125 MB available hard drive space for UAD-2 or UAD-1 installation
- 250 MB available hard drive space for combined UAD-2 plus UAD-1 installation
- Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
•Compatible VST or Audio Units plug-in host application software. See compatibility page for more details.
Multi-Card (Add More DSP!)
Need more raw DSP horsepower to run more UAD plugs in your mixes or simply want to run all your sessions at higher sample rates? The UAD was designed as a multi-card system allowing up to 4 UAD-2 cards and 4 UAD-1 cards to run on an OSX Mac/Win XP/Vista computer/expansion chassis system. Your existing plug-in licenses can be used across cards after registering a new card to your my.uaudio.com account and downloading the new plug authorization file.
- Easily expand your DSP power with extra cards (up to 4 UAD-1/1e/Xpander, and 4 UAD-2 Cards per system)
- L.O.D.E. (Live Optimizing DSP Engine) the UAD-2's DSP engine automatically balances resources to maximize your plug-in instantiations
- Plug-In Licenses Valid for up to 4 UAD-2 and 4 UAD-1 cards in a system ( no need to re-purchase)
- Use any combination of cards (PCI or PCIe)
SUPPORT DOCUMENTS, DOWNLOADS AND MANUALS:
- Universal Audio UAD System Manual (PDF, 4100.2 M)
- Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad Omni Manual (PDF, 3658.9 M)